11.20.2004

More work, better GMail

I can't believe how long it's been since I've been able to write in this thing. My job keeps getting more and more demanding. It looks like I'll be working through the holidays this year. Not fun at all.

On the brighter side, GMail has opened POP3 to my account. I remember a while back when this service was free with Yahoo, which I thought was really appealing in a free service. The fact is that I don't want to always use a web page to read my email. What if I don't have a connection to the net.

I was skeptical that some adwords might show up at the bottom of each message, much like Yahoo and other free providers. To my surprise I didn't get any adds! On top of that, GMail uses full encryption to transfer mail between your client to their servers. Encryption reaches far beyond what many paid service providers offer today. It really makes me wonder if I will ever be required to pay for this service.

In the mean time, I just enjoying the great features.

No comments: